I went on a short trip to Rome recently and tried this combination of ingredients on a Pizza. I fell instantly in love. The flavour was amazing.
So naturally I ran home to try it for myself. I followed Paul Hollywood’s pizza dough recipe and added extra toppings that I thought would be great like mushrooms and onions.
I have decided these additional ingredients just caused a distraction in taste and next time I will just make it as described by the Italian menu.
- 250g Strong Bread Flour
- 5g Fast Active Yeast
- 5g Salt
- 30ml Olive Oil
- 160ml Water
- Gorgonzola Cheese
- Mozzarella Cheese
- Red Onion (Optional)
- Mushrooms (Optional)
- Mix the yeast into the water until dissolved and add the oil and salt
- Add the water mix to the flour and knead until you get a smooth / soft consistency
- Leave for 1.5hrs in a warm area - make sure you cover the dough to stop it from drying out
- After 1.5hrs split the dough mixture in 2 and roll out into a circle if possible (so you have 2 medium pizza base)
- Add the Mozzarella & Gorgonzola Cheese and put to bake at 190oC fan for 20 minutes
- Once baked, add the prosciutto and rocket and serve