My attempt at following a recipe by Jamie Oliver that only requires 5 ingredients.
I am quite pleased with the result and it tastes nice 🙂
Cherry and Chocolate Mousse
Author: Gracie A
Recipe type: Dessert
- 200g Quality Dark Chocolate (70%)
- 1 x 400g Tin of Black Pitted Cherries
- 200ml Double Cream
- 4 x Large Eggs
- 2 Tbsp Caster Sugar
- Melt the chocolate in a heatproof bowl over a pan of gently simmering water then remove and leave to cool for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, simmer the cherries and their syrup in a non-stick frying pan on a medium heat until thick, then remove.
- Whip the double cream to very soft peaks.
- Separate the eggs and add the yolks + sugar to the cream and whisk to combine.
- Add a pinch of salt to the egg whites and whisk until stiff.
- Fold the cooled chocolate into the cream and then gently fold that through the egg whites with a spatula
- Share the mousse between 5-6 glasses and mix the cherries and syrup throughout.